Accidents Involving Head-on Collisions
In a head-on collision between a semi truck and an automobile, the outcome for those in the car is usually dire. The sheer size of the rig, combined with the load weight, gives it a huge advantage in any car-truck accident.
At the Augusta, Georgia, law firm of Burnside Law Firm LLP, our attorneys help victims of truck accidents, including head-on collisions. We have 30 years of experience fighting for the rights of the injured and seeking payment for clients’ pain, suffering, medical expenses, lost income and the other costs of an accident. If a loved one died in this type of wreck, we will undertake a wrongful death action that can provide the survivor with financial resources that help relieve anxiety about the future.
If you were injured in a head-on truck collision or are grieving the loss of a loved one in this type of accident, our lawyers can help. Contact Burnside Law Firm to learn what we can do to help you down the road to recovery. Contact our law firm at (706) 432-8320.
Examples of Head-on Collisions
We assist people injured in accidents such as these:
- Truck driver runs a red light or stop sign and collides with vehicle in the cross street
- Truck driver makes a wide turn and hits vehicle in the other lane
- Truck driver fails to yield the right of way and T-bones vehicle in the traffic lane
- Truck driver tries to pass where there is insufficient room and collides with oncoming car
- Truck driver loses control of truck and jackknifes, causing oncoming cars to crash into trailer
- Truck crosses the center line and hits oncoming vehicle
Such accidents are usually the result of driver inattention, fatigue or distraction by cell phones, radios and in-cab videos. They can also be the result of inadequate maintenance that leaves faulty brakes in place.
We investigate these and all trucking accidents by methods like consulting with accident reconstruction experts, interviewing witnesses and first responders and evaluating damage to the truck and the other vehicle. Our law firm has the resources to undertake a thorough investigation and fight for the most favorable outcome for a client, however long it takes.