As traffic in Augusta, Ga. and Richmond County continues to increase, so does the chance of being involved in a serious automobile collision. If you or a member of your family suffer injury in car wreck, you should consult an experienced automobile accident attorney for advice on how to handle your resulting insurance claims. The attorneys at Burnside Law Firm LLP have over thirty (30) years of collective experience representing individuals from cities across the state, including Augusta, Georgia, in automobile injury claims. To learn more about your claim, contact an attorney at Burnside Law Firm LLP for a free initial consultation or email your questions to us on our intake form. We look forward to serving you.
Personal Injury Attorneys that Represent All Types of Car Accidents in Augusta
Car accidents can vary widely in severity, from minor fender benders to multi-vehicle collisions. At Burnside Law Firm LLP, we have a team of seasoned car accident attorneys who can represent injured victims of all types of auto accidents in Augusta, including the following:
- Rear-end collision: This type of accident occurs when a vehicle hits another vehicle from behind. It is one of the most common types of car accidents and can result in whiplash injuries.
- Head-on collision: A head-on collision happens when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions crash into each other. This type of accident can be very dangerous and often leads to severe injuries or fatalities.
- Side-impact collision: Also known as a T-bone accident, this type of accident occurs when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. It can cause serious injuries, especially if the impact occurs on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- Rollover accident: A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle rolls over onto its side or roof. This type of accident can happen if a driver loses control of their vehicle while taking a turn at high speed.
- Single-vehicle accident: This type of accident involves only one vehicle and can happen due to a driver’s error, such as losing control of the vehicle, hitting a stationary object, or running off the road.
- Multi-vehicle accident: Also known as a pile-up, this type of accident involves three or more vehicles. It can happen due to poor weather conditions, driver distraction, or sudden braking.
- Hit and run accident: A hit and run accident occurs when a driver hits another vehicle or pedestrian and leaves the scene without stopping to provide aid or exchange insurance information.
Whether your car accident was the consequence of someone else’s negligence or you were partially at fault yourself, our personal injury lawyers in Augusta can help you navigate your case and recover the compensation you deserve.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident to Protect My Rights?
If you have been involved in a car accident in Augusta, Georgia, there are several things you can do to protect your rights in a legal claim:
- Check for injuries: Your safety should be your top priority after a car accident. Check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries and call 911 if anyone needs medical attention.
- Call the police: Even if the accident seems minor, it is important to call the police and file a report. The police report will document the details of the accident, which will be important later if you file a legal claim.
- Exchange information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, the vehicles involved, and any damages.
- Don’t admit fault: Even if you think you may have been at fault, do not admit fault to anyone at the scene. Fault can be complicated in a car accident and it is best to let the investigation determine who is responsible.
- Contact a Burnside Law attorney: It is critical that you contact one of our experienced car accident attorneys in Augusta, Georgia, as soon as possible after the accident. Our car accident injury lawyers can advise you on your legal options and help protect your rights throughout the claims process.
- Follow medical advice: If you are injured, seek medical treatment and follow your doctor’s orders. Failure to follow medical advice could hurt your claim.
- Keep records: Keep detailed records of any medical bills, car repairs, and other expenses related to the accident. These records can help you prove your damages in a legal claim.
When involved in a car crash in Augusta, time is of the essence. It is important to act quickly and take these steps after a car accident to protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Maximize your Recovery with Augusta, Ga Car Accident Attorneys
What damages are you entitled to recover as a result of your particular automobile accident? Is your recovery limited to medical expenses and lost wages? What is a fair settlement value for your case? An experienced automobile accident attorney can assist you in answering these and other questions you might have about your claim. Individuals who decide not to consult a lawyer often fail to recover all of the compensation and insurance benefits they are entitled to receive. For example, without legal advice many people neglect to seek punitive damages even though the at-fault driver was operating his vehicle under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Punitive damages are designed to punish the at-fault driver and deter him from operating his vehicle while DUI in the future; however, and they often result in a substantial increase in the injured party’s ultimate recovery. To learn more about your right to recover punitive damages in addition to other losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, etc., call an experienced automobile accident attorney at Burnside Law Firm LLP for a free initial consultation.
Types of Damages You Can Recover After a Car Accident?
In Augusta, Georgia, if you are involved in a car accident and are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover two types of damages: economic and non-economic. At Burnside Lawn Firm LLP, we have a keen understanding of the specific types of losses or damages that fall into these two categories.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering resulting from the accident.
- Emotional distress: Compensation for any mental or emotional trauma resulting from the accident, such as anxiety, depression, or PTSD.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life activities that the accident has prevented you from participating in.
- Loss of companionship or consortium: Compensation for the loss of companionship, comfort, or intimacy with your spouse or family member due to the accident.
- Disfigurement or scarring: Compensation for any physical disfigurement or scarring resulting from the accident.
- Medical expenses: Compensation for past and future medical expenses related to the accident, including hospital bills, doctor visits, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: Compensation for any income you have lost due to the accident, including past and future earnings.
- Property damage: Compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle or any other personal property that was damaged in the accident.
- Cost of living with a disability: Compensation for any expenses related to accommodating a permanent or long-term disability caused by the accident.
- Home care expenses: Compensation for the cost of hiring someone to take care of you if you are unable to care for yourself due to the accident.
It is important to note that the amount of damages you may be entitled to recover will depend on the specific details of your case, including the severity of your injuries, the extent of property damage, and other factors. As experienced personal injury attorneys in Augusta, Burnside Law Firm LLP can help you assess your damages and pursue the most fair compensation possible.
Experienced Augusta, Ga. Car Accident Attorneys
The attorneys at Burnside Law Firm LLP have helped hundreds of people recover for medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, permanent disability, burn injuries, disfigurement and other catastrophic losses they have experienced in automobile wrecks. We have negotiated settlements, filed suit and tried cases to verdict against at fault drivers and their insurance carriers. We have made recoveries for our clients from many of the largest insurance companies in Georgia including: State Farm, State Auto, Auto Owners, Allstate, Georgia Farm Bureau, Travelers, Progressive, GEICO, Liberty Mutual, Nationwide, USAA and others. Contact an automobile accident attorney at Burnside Law Firm LLP to learn more about your legal rights and ability to recover fair compensation for the injuries and losses you have suffered.