The phrase “underride truck accidents” refers to an accident involving a car or motorcycle that drives under the trailer of a semi-truck. The injuries from such accidents can be catastrophic and include brain injury and wrongful death from decapitation.
At the Augusta, Georgia, law firm of Burnside Law Firm LLP, our lawyers help people who were involved in underride truck accidents or whose loved one died as a result of this type of wreck. We have been handling personal injury cases for more than 30 years — let us put our experience and skills to work for you. We build strong cases to obtain full compensation for pain, suffering, medical expenses, lost wages and other costs of the accident. Contact an attorney to learn how we can help. Contact our law firm at (706) 432-8320.
Causes of Underride Truck Accidents
We fight for people who have suffered serious injury or death as a result of accidents with causes such as these:
- Truck traveling without lights or with dirty or damaged reflective tape and taillights
- Truck travelling much slower than the posted speed limit
- Truck parked too near the roadway without warning cones
- Truck jackknifed across narrow road without lights or warning cones
- Truck missing rear guard designed to prevent underride accidents
- Truck rear guard loose or defective
- Truck backs into smaller vehicle
These and other types of underride accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that deserve compensation. People who survive such accidents often have significant needs. They may be brain-damaged and unable to work. They may have suffered spinal cord injuries that resulted in paralysis. They may have been seriously burned when their car caught fire. Whatever the nature of the injuries, the victims of these types of accidents will require long-term care, therapy and assistive devices, all of which cost money. We seek full compensation for our clients so they can afford the care they need.