Store or Business Slip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyers
It is common for slip and fall injuries to occur in a place of business. A fall may be caused by uncleaned spills, worn carpet, wet floors, uneven flooring, poorly maintained parking lots, or improperly maintained floor mats. Often, these hazards are not clearly identified to assist customers in avoiding a fall. As a result, an individual could suffer very serious injuries from falling at a business. If you have fallen at a business, be sure to follow these steps to preserve your claim:
- Let someone know. Before leaving, ask for a manager and inform them that you fell. You should request that an incident report be created and provided to you. Be careful to only provide necessary details and avoid saying you were distracted or not looking where you were stepping.
- Document the scene. Determine what caused you to fall. Take pictures of the area where you fell and the hazard that caused you to fall. Take multiple pictures from different angles to show that you were not properly warned of the hazard.
- Get witness information. If someone saw you fall or helped you after the fall, ask for their contact information. Get the witness’ full name and best phone number. Thank them for their help and let them know that you will likely be calling them about the fall.
- Seek medical attention. If you are seriously injured, call for help and request that an ambulance come to assist. Do not attempt to get up on your own or with the assistance of a non-medical professional, as your injuries could be made worse. If you do not believe an ambulance is necessary, be sure to go to an Emergency Room or Urgent Care, as symptoms of injury often appear in the days after the fall.
- Seek legal representation. Slip and fall cases are complex, you should contact an attorney with significant experience with this type of case as soon as possible. Be sure to provide your attorney with the incident report, photographs, and witness information from the scene.
If you have suffered a fall at a place of business, contact one of the experienced lawyers at Burnside Law Firm LLP for a free initial consultation.